Inverter technology has seen a lot of development as the pace of deployment of solar power has accelerated worldwide. For multiple panel systems, historically, a large centralized inverter were used, as the generation per panel can be affected by dirt, shadow etc., MPPT (maximum power point tracking) is desired for each solar panel. This has led to the rise of microinverters, that are much cheaper in price. Then there are standalone configurations that are designed to convert DC power from a storage battery into AC output, typically with 10% losses. The intent of this project is to do a market and needs assessment related to inverter available in Pakistan.
The output of this project is a report covering the following areas:
- Survey of inverters brands used in Pakistan in the renewable sphere. Price, performance and salient features.
- Price trends of inverters in Pakistan in recent years, from major retailers. Aftermarket and resale pricing and quality.
- Wholesale pricing , as well as price quoted by the manufacturers, as a function of volume
- Major retailers active in Pakistan
- Government regulations and tariffs related to importation and resale.
- Feedback from people currently using inverters for solar power.
- Opportunities for local manufacturing and assembly.
- Acquire three different inverters (100W-500W range) and disassemble them to determine opportunities for lowering costs through local assembly.
- Status and focus of organizations – government-based, universities and private – working to advance rechargeable battery technology and deployment in Pakistan.
- Share of various technologies e.g. lead acid, lithium ion etc.
- Opportunity and challenges related to repair, disposal and recycling
- Other global factors regarding manufacturing, supply and technology that may be relevant to Pakistan
This project is intended to run for about four months from Jan 2016 to Jun 2016. The will be a status update provided every two weeks, an intermediate report in early November, and final report at the end of the year. A summarized version of the report will be published on this website, and the full document posted for downloading.
For More Information: firstname.lastname@example.org