Project Title: Low-Cost Home Solar Power Kit
Problem Statement: Many homes in Pakistan experience 8-12 hours of load-shedding. As solar power becomes more cost-effective we want to develop a low cost solar kit intended for households with low monthly electricity consumption, by providing 30-90kWh/month of electricity from solar power. The kit will be based on one solar panel, a storage battery, inverter, charge controller, mounting stand and standardizing wiring related items needed for installation at existing homes.
The system hardware consists of:
- Three 250W solar panels from Risen Energy
- One 12V 3KVA Axpert pure sine wave power inverter/charge controller
- Two 12V 100Ah Narada rechargeable Gel batteries
- Solar panel mounts – Adjustable
- Circuit breakers and Wiring
- Appliances – light bulbs, pedestal fan and refrigerator
The intent is to develop four system size/performance levels:
- 250W of solar panel with one battery and charge controller to run DC light bulb, DC fan and mobile phone charger. Target: Rs 35,000 and 1 kWh of energy per day (off-grid solution)
- 250W of solar panel with one battery, one charge controller and 0.5kVA inverter to run AC light bulb, AC fan and charge mobile phone. Target: Rs 50,000 and 1 kWh of energy per day (hybrid solution)
- 500W of solar panels with one battery, one charge controller and 1kVA inverter to run AC lights, fans, mobile phone and television. Target: Rs. 75000 and 2 kWh of energy per day (hybrid solar system)
- 750W of solar panels with two batteries, one charge controller and 2kVA inverter to run AC lights, fans, mobile phone, television and refrigerator. Target price Rs. 125000 and 3 kWh of energy per day (hybrid solar system)
Energy losses should be no more than 20% of energy generated at the solar panels. Also, the system design would ensure that the maximum power output from the panels is drawn at all times based on the load the panels see from the appliances and batteries.
In terms of power consumption, the mobile phone charging will use 5W, light bulb will use about 15W, the fan about 100W and the refrigerator from 150W to 350W depending on whether the compressor is running or not.
One system consisting of 750W of solar panels and 200 Amp-hr of storage has been installed at NED for prototype testing in June 2017. System is currently under test to identify the determine the performance at various price points. Bill of Material, list of suppliers and pricing, as well as detailed assembly and wiring instructions with images uploaded on sawayra.org as all projects are open-source to maximize deployment.
Project Team: Aqil Biabani (email@example.com) and four interns from NED. They are Muneeba Asif, Rais Badshah, Asma Naz, and Hassam Uddin.
The project team is ably supported by NED Staff and Hunar Foundation Trainee Electricians
Appendix – Tables and Charts
The gaming industry does not stand still, it follows the times and our online casinos. Dozens of gaming portals can be found on the Internet in recent times, but only a few of them offer a full range of services and impeccable service. The main advantage of a virtual casino is real bonuses and prizes in tournaments, loyalty programs and promotions. Read here for more information about online casinos, tips for beginners and which casinos are for winners.
The majority of new players, after registering a profile at a gaming site, ask themselves how online casinos work and what they can do to increase their winning combinations. If the latter question falls under the category of forbidden topics (it’s very difficult to solve the problem without intervening in the settings of the emulator and such actions are criminal), then learning the basic nuances of online casinos is a legal right for all users of the services in question.
The relevance of this issue is due to the fact that gambling in specialised establishments has been illegal for the last decade. Another important indicator encouraging players to investigate how online casinos work for winners is the widespread belief that their odds of winning can increase significantly after a detailed analysis of the matter.
Global solar insolation map showing incident energy in kWh per square meter of surface area