- Water Generator Project
- Orphanage Solar Project
- Home Solar Project
- Hospital Solar Project
- Water Filter Project
Home Solar Project Update
INSTALLATION AND COMMISSIONING
- Problem statement: OpticsRE has huge gaps recently which is probably due to internet outage and which results in data loss.
- Solution: In case of an internet outage, IotaWatt is programmed to upload the data in bulk which couldn’t be uploaded during the outage. Local SDcard stores up to 15 years’ worth of data.
- Installation: We setup the iotawatt with CT and update it on EmonCMS servers. This data point must be added to LOG feed. The iotawatt comes back online after
- power failure on Iotawatt.
- power failure on wifi router
- internet failure on wifi router.
But in all cases, it can record the readings because of the memory element installed in iotawatt.
- Backup plan: 3g Telenor may be a good option as a backup plan for future because of the only available Telenor signals in Rashidabad. The modem doesn’t even need to be in the exact same room as IotaWatt.
DB INSTALLATION FOR OVERLOAD INDICATION:
- Problem statement: The inverter can provide maximum of 7KW to the load. It is necessary to let consumer aware, if he is using heavy load or over load.
- Solution: To set up the limits we had to first monitor the current, so we made a DB for it and fixed a current monitor on it with the bell connection on ground floor for an indication of excess power consumption or overloading. We have set alarm for 28 A as the maximum value on primary side. This current is step down to 2.8 A. the CT rating is 50:5.
- Installation: We have installed DB with a current monitor which have following details and the circuit’s description is illustrated in figure (c):
|Supply voltage||AC/DC 85-256 V|
a) Current Monitor with CT
d) Distribution Board
BATTERY MONITOR INSTALLATION:
- Problem statement: Battery was not monitored on opticsRE. We need to monitor battery charging and discharging with precise data.
- Solution: We have installed a battery monitor which is now showing battery status on opticsRE.
- 10-postion wiring block:
- BAT- 2: BAT+
- Relay (not used)
- Relay (not used)
5: C controller SIDE
6: C BAT (-) SIDE
7: B inverter SIDE
8: B BAT (-) SIDE
9: A DEVICE SIDE (not used)
10: A BAT (-) SIDE (not used)
Shunt B: INVERTER TERMINAL and Shunt C: CHARGE CONTROLLER TERMINAL.
- Users guide of battery monitor: file:///D:/SAWAYRA/user_guide.pdf
(a) Shunts connection (b) Battery monitor
CHANGEOVER AND WIRE:
Changeover for the basement (rating- 30A) needs to be replaced by the changeover
(rating-50A) so that it can bear more load.
Wire to connect battery monitor with battery needs to be changed because of low gauge and quality it gets heat up. So, the wire of gauge 50mm2 is now going to be replace.
Both have been sent to Rashidabad and will be installed soon.
Data record of October 2 ,2018
This is over all a good data of the next day we visited rashidabad, in which solar has produced energy of 23.2kwh and the energy to the battery is 23.02kwh. Now opticsRE is also showing readings of shunt B and shunt C.
Energy produced by solar: 23.2 kwh
To battery: 23.02 kwh
Shunt C: 18.79 kwh
Shunt B: -12.66 kwh
To load: 12.6 kwh